What a day! In case you live under a rock, today was Snowmaggedon in Boston, and we got pummeled with more than two feet of snow. In fact, even the outpatient clinics at my hospital were closed, a rare occurrence around here. Thankfully (and I hope I don’t jinx it), we still have power, and thus I still have my sanity. Phew.
- Prepare ahead of time: mix the beef together, cut the peppers, and make the sauce. Then, assemble and cook when you need them.
- Substitute ground lamb for ground beef (or use half and half). Or use ground turkey instead.
- Omit the feta cheese.
- Use different herbs, or use more of each herb.
- Use parsley instead of spinach (or just omit the spinach).
- Add garlic to the sauce.
- Buy tzatziki sauce at the store, and use that instead of making sauce (I won’t tell anyone).
- If you have any leftover stuffing, form it into small meatballs and bake alongside the peppers. Yum!