Millions of peaches, peaches for me! It may be the famous line from an awesome ’90s song, but it’s also my reality after peach picking last week. When I took the bag from the nice girl at the farm stand, I didn’t quite realize how many pounds of peaches fit in there! Fast forward to this week, and I have five pounds of fresh, delicious, and finally ripe peaches that need to be used up ASAP. What’s a person to do? Make peach (and apricot) parfaits!
Sure, you could make a nice peach pie or crumble, but why not make an easy and much healthier breakfast? Fresh peaches, a little bit of apricot preserves, and some plain yogurt easily transform into a satisfying but still relatively healthy breakfast. This is quick enough to throw together on a weekday morning, and can be adjusted to anyone’s taste. Plus, if you’re me, it’s a great way to savor some homemade (by my husband’s dad) apricot jam. Want something crunchy? Add granola. Don’t like apricots? Use another flavor jam. Vegan? Great, use non-dairy yogurt. Don’t like parfaits? Honestly, you could throw the whole thing into the blender and make a smoothie. Go nuts. You can cut the fruit the night before, or even assemble the whole thing before you go to bed to really cut down on prep time.
Did you make a parfait this week? Tag me in your photo! @whitecoatpinkapron.
- 1 large peach, cut into bite-sized pieces (it's okay to leave the skin on)
- ½ cup apricot preserves or jam
- 1½ cups plain yogurt
- Granola (optional)
- Place ¼ of the peach pieces in a glass.
- Top with ½ of the apricot preserves, and then with ½ of the yogurt.
- Top the yogurt with another ¼ of the peaches.
- Repeat the entire layering process in a second glass.
- Top each glass with granola, if desired.