Lemon Roasted Salmon and Kale
- 1 1/2 lemons sliced
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- About 4 cups kale chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 lb skinless salmon filet
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 275F. In a large baking dish (large enough to hold the salmon fillet) place lemon slices (set aside 3-4), garlic, kale, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and toss to coat the kale. Sprinkle with some salt (about 1/2 tsp).
Place the salmon filet on top of the kale. Drizzle the salmon with the remaining olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place the remaining lemon slices on top.
Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flaky.
- Use Meyer lemons, or a mixture of lemons and oranges
- Substitute brussels sprouts or broccoli rabe for kale
- Play around with proportions: more or fewer lemons, more or less garlic, a mixture of veggies. Anything goes here, people.