Pico de Gallo
- 10-11 small/medium tomatoes cored and roughly chopped into about 8 pieces each
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno stem removed, chopped
- handful cilantro leaves thin stems are okay to include, washed well
- Juice of 3 juicy limes about 1/2 cup
- salt to taste about 1 tsp
Add all of the tomatoes to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well chopped.
Pour the tomatoes into a large bowl. Add the onion, jalapeño, and cilantro to the food processor, and pulse until minced very finely (stop before they are completely pureed).
Pour the mixture into the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the lime juice, 1 tsp salt, and stir well to combine.
Pour the mixture into a jar or storage container and put in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
Serve as a dip with tortilla chips.
- Use a different type of hot pepper, or use more or less pepper
- Add some pineapple to make pineapple salsa.
- Substitute an equal amount of pineapple or mango for the tomatoes to make a topping for fresh grilled fish